The Malibu home that Kanye West destroyed and abandoned is getting a new owner — in an all-cash deal

Someone is paying cash for Kanye West’s gutted beachfront bunker. 

The controversial rapper’s former Malibu beachfront mansion, designed by Pritzker Prize-winning Japanese architect Tadao Ando, has found a new buyer after less than one week on the market.

The Wall Street Journal first reported news of the deal.

The four-bedroom home, known as “Little Ando,” was built in 2013 and spans 4,000 square feet. West acquired it in 2021 for $57.25 million. He subsequently gutted the architectural gem. 

The hollowed-out home stayed open to the elements between 2022 and 2023. @CelebCandidly / MEGA

The home before West got to work. Diggzy/Jesal/Shutterstock

The controversial West in a recent interview with DJ Akademiks. Chris Venegas/Youtube

West, who had his legal name changed to “Ye,” reportedly told a laborer during the deconstruction that the home would be his “bomb shelter,” and his “bat cave,” but he ultimately abandoned the property in 2023. 

The concrete box-like residence was literally a shell of its former self when it was snapped up by the crowdfunded real estate firm Belwood Investments last September for $21 million. Now, in the midst of a major restoration alongside the home’s original builder, the firm built around a luxury real estate investing app is giving its 500-plus investors an early pay day. 

The firm listed the half-restored home for $39 million less than one week ago. It announced on Monday that it accepted a cash offer from Andrew Mazella Ventures LLC, a firm led by Montana-based luxury developer Andrew Mazella.

The exact amount has not been disclosed, but Mazella confirmed to the Journal that the contract price was between $30 million and $34 million.

A roofer at work on “Little Ando.” Marmol Radziner

Belwood invested in new framing, plumbing, roofing and electrical work. Marmol Radziner

The four-bedroom home still lacks windows. Marmol Radziner

Belwood snapped up the hollowed-out home last August for $39 million — $14 million less than Ye listed it for in December 2023. The home was stripped of its windows, marble bathrooms and electricity.

The architecture firm Marmol Radziner was tapped to install new framing, plumbing, roofing and electrical work, the Wall Street Journal previously reported

Replacement windows are still forthcoming.

“Selling now means the buyer can put their own creative finishes on this architectural gem, while we return funds to our investors in less than six months, allowing them to invest in more properties,” Bo Belmont, the Belwood’s founder and CEO, said in a statement.

The listing was represented by Jason Oppenheim of the Oppenheim Group with the Agency’s Mauricio Umansky, Jean-Baptiste Rugiero and Mehdi Maamri. Mazzella was represented by Amanda Lynn of Nest Seekers International. Dylan Eckardt consulted on the deal.

Mazella told the Journal that he plans to finish the restorations and put the home back on the market for $55 to $65 million. 

Related Posts


This will close in 0 seconds