The money keeps stacking up for the Powerball jackpot!
Powerball players live to see another drawing as the jackpot surges to $421 million after there were no winners on Monday night.
You are reading: Powerball jackpot surges to $421 million
But there are a few newly minted millionaires waking up today.
Three lucky players from Florida, Illinois, and Minnesota purchased $1 million winning tickets.
A fourth winner from Iowa will claim $2 million after hitting big on the power play.
Monday night’s Powerball numbers were: 3, 6, 11, 17, and 22. The Powerball was 11.
The next Powerball drawing will be 11 pm ET Wednesday evening.
Lottery players’ also have another chance to win tonight with the $445 million Mega Millions drawing at 11 pm ET.
Readmore : A man from Maple just won the lottery for the 2nd time in a year
As both jackpots climb, the lotto craze is creeping back into everyone’s mind.
In July, a $1.337 billion Mega Millions jackpot had Americans racing to buy tickets for the third-largest prize in Mega Millions history.
Last month, those winners came forward to claim their prize after weeks of America enviously waiting to know who won the life-changing money.
Under Illinois lottery rules, winners do not have to reveal their identity to the public.
The winners had a whole year to claim the prize but only 60 days — or until Sept. 27 — for their choice of getting the $780.5 million lump sum.
Here’s a look at the 10 largest U.S. jackpots that have been won and the states where the winning tickets were sold:
1. $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
2. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
Readmore : TTC bringing back tickets for fare evasion in late March
3. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
4. $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
5. $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
6. $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
7. $731.1 million, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021 (one ticket, from Maryland)
8. $699.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 4, 2021 (one ticket, from California)
9. $687.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 27, 2018 (two tickets, from Iowa and New York)
10. $656 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (three tickets, from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)